- To meet the demand of quality technically skilled human resource at national and international level.
- To promote lifelong learning capabilities among students.
- To Develop in each student mastery of rudiments, versatility of mind, enthusiasm for learning, intellectual discipline and self-confidence which provide the best ground for continuing professional achievement.
- To strengthen R&D activity in collaboration with Industries, Premier Institutions and Research Labs.
- To generate funds through consultancy, R&D projects and continuing education programs.
- To develop strong industry-institute linkages.
- To develop technologies crucial to the growth of local community, region and offer services to them at various levels.
- To inculcate a perceptive alacrity to observe, identify real life problems, formulate strategies for selection and evolve contextually effective solutions.
- To help realize the national goal of becoming Global IT – Super power through emphasis on developing computational skills.
- To impart quality education by introducing a mix of contemporary and classical courses to facilitate state of the art infrastructure.
- To encourage dissemination and discovery of knowledge in an atmosphere of scientific freedom.
- To prepare more of “Creative Engineers", “Innovative Thinkers" and "Engineer Entrepreneurs".
- To develop as a leading training institution in the country for up gradation of skills of faculty, professionals etc.
To create an Institution for higher technical Education, dedicated to the cause of developing professional with high sense of ethical values and commitment to the society, where student shall realize their potentials and learn to be future torch bearers of evolving Technologies , through inculcation of proper attitude, appropriation of tradition and heritage and fostering of originality so as to be capable of functioning without being influenced by malice of caste, creed, political and religious dogmas.
Burdwan a historic city situated in the centre of Gangetic West Bengal do have an exodus source of minerals, power, and transportation networks (through rail, road, air and port) within a redial distance of 200 kms. Hence, the administrative division of Burdwan District did facilitate the growth of the industry and agriculture simultaneously since independence.
Several industries like, DSP, ASP, DVC, HCL, DFP etc. situated in the district do have a very requirement in the field of Computer science Engineering, Information Technology, Electronics & Instrumentation. Therefore, skilled and trained work force is very much required in those fields.